NOTE: Wordpreneur.com did not write nor edit this article (except maybe for some minor proofing). It's here as a service to you. Go to the site for categorized summaries and other unique content not available here.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Article Writing- How to Know What Your Market Wants to Read When Writing Articles

By Jeff Herring

The best way to write articles is to write articles you already know your market wants to read.

Now, how do you do that?

OK, I'm going to teach you a very high-level marketing concept right now. Get your fingers and keyboards ready, or your pens and pencils ready-- and those of you that know me may know I'm being a little playful right now.

The Secret Method to Find Out What Your Readers Want to Know

OK, the way to find out what your ideal client wants is to ask. Ask them. As Mark Victor Hansen says, you have to A-S-K to G-E-T.

Several weeks ago, I think it was back in February on a Friday, I sent out an email to my Article Guy lists - everybody who signed up for this kind of stuff with The Article Guy asking, "What's your most important question about article writing and marketing?" and you sent them in, in droves you sent them in!

From those emails I took the seven most asked questions and did an entire call based on it, an entire call just based on asking. I am still responding to some of those questions, still writing articles about it, and could create a whole product just out of those things.

So, in order to meet the needs of your market, you need to know what's going on with your ideal clients, what their pain is, what they struggle with.

You know, I've got to keep in mind while I live, eat and breathe this stuff that there are some folks out there who still cannot imagine writing their first article, that are scared to death to make that first article submission because they are afraid of getting rejected. There's folk out there who could never imagine making money from their articles. Those are the things I keep in mind as I write so I can address those needs and talk to those people.

So, you want to do your market research, you want to know what is going on with your ideal client. Then use that knowledge when you are writing your articles.

Jeff Herring is The Article Guy. Visit his site for free access to two article writing templates. Also check out his free weekly teleseminars.

Wordpreneur.com — How to Make Money Writing!

No comments: